- This event has passed.
Hedgerow Field Day at the Hopland Research and Extension Center
May 18, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 2:30 pm$20
Registration is now up and out for the Hedgerow Field Day on May 18 at the Hopland Research & Education Center!
How can a hedgerow increase biodiversity, improve soil health and support your farming operation? Join the UC Hopland Research and Extension Center to learn from their hedgerow demonstration project.
We’ll consider installation, plant selection, benefits, economic impacts and financial support available for hedgerow projects.
Speakers will include:
- John Bailey (HREC Director) – Lessons learned from the HREC hedgerow.
- Dr. Gordon Frankie (UC Berkeley Urban Bee Lab) – Attracting native bees.
- Chuck Vaughn (Peregrine Audubon Chapter) – Creating bird habitat in your hedgerow.
- Rebecca Burgess (Fibershed) – Natural dye plants.
- Natural Resource Conservation Service – Soil health and carbon sequestration.
Wednesday, May 18 from 9:30am-2:30pm
Where: Hopland Research and Extension Center, Hopland, CA.
$20 per person.
Lunch is included.
Limited to 40 participants.
Registration closes May 15.
This class would suit: All those with an interest in/opportunity to develop a hedgerow on lands that they live on, work or manage.
Questions, accommodations needed? Please contact Hannah Bird 707-744-1424 x105
This project was supported by the ‘California Climate Investments‘ program.