Fibershed Producers follow these guidelines:
- All fiber is farmed/sourced within Northern CA, from San Luis Obispo to the Oregon border
- All botanic dye is farmed/sourced within Northern CA, from San Luis Obispo to the Oregon border
- All labor is sourced within Northern CA, from San Luis Obispo to the Oregon border
- Until the region has its own cotton and fine gauge wool milling facility, Fibershed verifies goods from farmers that have had to send their raw material out of the area for milling.
- Sewing thread and most notions are also not yet manufactured in our region, Fibershed verifies goods from artisans whose thread and notions are from out of the area.
For more detailed information, please download the Fibershed Certified Product Guidelines: Certified Product Guidelines — June, 2019
(Photo by Paige Green)
If you are a Fibershed farmer or artisan in the Northern California Fibershed and would like people to know that your work supports regional agriculture, a local and fair economy, and ecological balance, consider joining the Fibershed Producer Program. Application is at the bottom of the page.
Benefits of the $40 annual membership fee
- Inclusion in the Fibershed Producer Directory, which includes being on the interactive map and your business page with a brief bio, photos, your contact information and links to your social media
- Access to free educational resources, including extensive business development curriculum
- Opportunity to be featured in the Fibershed blog which includes an on-site interview with one of our writers and professional photography of your business to which you will have access for your use
- Inclusion of your upcoming events on the Fibershed calendar of events
- Opportunity to have your events and offerings promoted in the Fibershed email newsletter and social media channels to a general public audience
- Technical and financial assistance for completing soil carbon sampling and interpreting results, and additional educational materials to learn about carbon farming
- Support to become part of Fibershed’s Climate Beneficial Verification program, including carbon farming educational resources and support to initiate carbon farm planning
- Invitation to have a vendor booth at select Fibershed events
- Fibershed Certified Producer web-badge
- Fibershed Certified Product tags (up to 100 free tags per year). Tag size: 2.75″ x 1.375″
- 10% member’s discount on all Fibershed events
- Complimentary subscription to biannual print newsletter, providing a tactile reading experience for the fiber & natural dye community
- Monthly Producer community email updates
- Invitation to bi-annual producer community meet-ups
(Photo by Kalie Cassel-Feiss)
Tags and signs are a great way to communicate to customers your commitment to working within our bioregion. We have seen a growing number of customers looking for locally grown materials, and Fibershed tags are a great way to verify your work; each year of Producer membership includes 50 or 100 complimentary Fibershed tags.
Certified Producer Signs are available for an additional fee ($159 per sign includes tax and shipping). Each sign is made of bamboo with a laser engraving and measures 15″ wide x 10″ tall x 1/4 inch thick. See photo at bottom of page.
(Photo by Paige Green)
Producers residing in the Northern California Fibershed may join online by filling out the membership form below, which will take you to the Paypal website to pay your $40 annual membership fee when you click the Submit button. You don’t need a Paypal account to pay by credit card on the Paypal website.
For existing Producer members, you may skip the form below and simply renew your membership by paying the $40 annual fee using the “pay now” button in the next section, under Membership Renewals.
If you prefer to pay by check and send us your application, you can download this fillable PDF of the membership form that you can print and mail in with your check.
For more information, contact Lexi Fujii: lexi(AT)fibershed.org
If you are joining for the first time, please fill out the online application above and click the submit button above, which will take you directly to PayPal.
Other Ways to Join:
- If you prefer to enroll for the first time by mail or email (rather than online), please download the fillable PDF application form here.
- The form can be printed and filled out by hand.
- Please mail it with your $40 check to: Fibershed, P.O. Box 221, San Geronimo, CA 94963
- You may also complete the form, email a scanned copy to lexi(AT)fibershed.org and submit your $40 payment via the Paypal button below.
If you are renewing, please use the PayPal button in the Membership Renewals section below.
To renew your Producer membership, skip the above form and simply submit your $40 annual dues using the “pay now” button below.
Once you have submitted your producer application and been approved, you are welcome to order a Certified Producer sign by submitting payment via the Paypal button below. The cost for a sign is $159, including tax and shipping