- This event has passed.
Fibershed Natural Dye Farmers Market
May 7 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Calling all natural dye enthusiasts, hobbyists, artisans, production dyers, and curious creatives! Mark your calendars for our second annual Natural Dye Farmers Market on Sunday, May 7, 10-2p at the Fibershed Learning Center in Point Reyes Station.
Whether you’re an experienced dyer or fresh to the scene, this is a great opportunity to meet your local fiber and dye farmers, pick up natural dye plants and seeds to grow in your garden this season, purchase dye plant materials and undyed Fibershed Natural Fibers for your next project, ask other dye-enthusiasts questions, and learn more about the dyeing process!
- This is a FREE event
- Local Fibershed Producers selling natural, locally-produced undyed yarns, roving, clothing, plus selling plant starts, seeds, dried dyed materials, and natural pigment watercolors
- We will be brewing some demonstration dye pots so you can see the beautiful array of colors the land produces.
- Bring seeds to participate in our Seed Exchange!
- This is a family-friendly event! There will be fiber art activities for children, hosted by Fibershed producer member and Waldorf teacher, Robyn Smith.
- PLUS, our Natural Fiber Clothing Swap Closet will be open – Clothing must be 100% natural fibers, clean, and in good condition
- And we’ll be offering Japanese Bento Boxes for purchase by Kinoko Japanese
- Valley Oak Wool Mill will be accepting fiber orders for processing at this event!
List of expected products at market:
- Natural Dye Plant Starts: Coreopsis, Marigolds, Indigo, Cosmos, Scabiosa, Weld, and more!
- Natural Dye Plant Seeds -Dried Dye Plant Material: Oak galls, acorns, flowers, and more!
- Natural Pigment Watercolors
- Undyed Climate Beneficial Clothing
- Undyed, Local Breed-Specific Yarn & Roving: Romney x Rambouillet yarn and roving; Targhee roving; white CA red roving; Soft Shetland raw skirted fleece, roving, and yarn; Jacob-cross yarn; Alpaca and alpaca/ cotton blended yarn; Merino/ Cormo/ Wensleydale cross fiber
- Integrity Alpaca’s Gardeners Gold Wool Pellets