- This event has passed.
Regenerating Our Textile Systems Course: Session 2
May 20, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Session 2: Designing for True Circularity and Biological Systems
Framing circularity within the capacity and design of natural systems, including a San Francisco Bay case study on micro-plastic fiber pollution.
- Learn about the current industry-led definition of circularity and example of circularity in practice
- Using holism to avoid life cycle “leakages” and externalized costs to our environment and relationships
- Embracing biomimicry and why decentralization is key to truly circular economies
- Learning from “regrettable solutions” — what microplastic pollution can teach us about material design
- Beth Rattner, Executive Director of the Biomimicry Institute
- Diana Lin, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, San Francisco Estuary Institute
- Textile Researcher, TBD