- This event has passed.
Fibershed Symposium: Learning Activities Showcase
November 10 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pmFREE
Join us for a new 2023 Fibershed Symposium community event that is free and runs concurrently with our ticketed annual symposium (“Relationships of Change”). The event will feature a range of hands-on educational activities and demonstrations for families and fiber enthusiasts, presented by Fibershed producers. A selection of locally-grown and made goods will be available for purchase. Educators and families are especially encouraged to attend and participate!
Activities & Demos
- Knitting with Gayle Ravenscroft
- Weaving on a loom with Robin Lynde
- Processing flax plants into fiber for linen with Sandy Fisher
- Eco-printed bandanas using dye plants with Elaine Hamblin
- Upcycling t-shirts by hand-sewing with Palesa Nicolini and Pia Anderson
- Band weaving with Emily Robinson
- Creative ways to card and blend fibers with Gynna Clemes
- Spinning on a spinning wheel with Marli de Swart
…plus make-and-take activities!
- Wooly adventures
- Lambtown festival
- Board weaving
- Sheep craft
- Coloring/painting with natural pigments
Participating Fibershed Producers
- Braehurst Fiber & Dye
- Gynna Made and Clemes & Clemes, Inc.
- Chico Flax
- Pacific Knitting Retreats
- Meridian Jacobs
- Marlie de Swat
- Palesa Nicolini & Pia Anderson
Friday November 10, 2023
FREE and open to the public
Dance Palace Chapel, 503 B St., Point Reyes Station